Remember the tassels from Chelsy’s Shower? Well today I’m going to show you how to make these fairly easy decorations!
For the tassels you’ll need:
1. Take your tissue paper out of the packaging and cut it in half length wise. (I chose to cut all of the tissue paper while it was stacked up instead of cutting each sheet individually since it would be time consuming.)
2. Cut strips about a half an inch wide but leave 2 inches at the top. You don’t have to be perfect on the measurements since you’ll be twisting the tissue paper.
The tissue paper should like this when you’re done cutting:
3. Take one of the sheets that you’ve cut and just start twisting the end that you didn’t cut. You’ll kind of have to guide the “tassely” part or it’ll get tangled.
Keep twisting until it looks like this:
4. You don’t have to do this, but I like a finished edge so I cut off part of the top.
5. Take the Washi Tape and start wrapping it around the top of the tassel.
6. Use the string to create a loop. There are other ways to hang the tassels but this is what I went with.
7. Then continue to wrap the tape around the top with the loop included in it.
8. Cut the tape and because I can’t seem to do a craft without it, I put a dab of hot glue at the end of the tape to make sure it stayed.
9. If you want your tassels to be a little fluffier, just turn the tassel upside down and slowly pull all of the tassels towards the loop.
10. Then flip the tassel right side! You may need to straighten the tassels out a little but it’ll look a lot fuller.
To make the tassel garland, just string the tassels onto a piece of string, twine or ribbon. It took a little extra time, but I also knotted the twine around the string loop of the tassel. This way they would sway in the wind but wouldn’t all slide together.
I also decorated with the individual tassels and even made a little tassel garland for the back of Chelsy’s chair!
This function has been disabled for Wedding Photographers NYC | Cassady K Photography Blog.