I am addicted to this homemade chocolate granola! It’s super easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients right in your kitchen. But watch out, it’ll go fast!
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE GRANOLA
Makes around 4 cups of granola
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 TBS Peanut Butter
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBS Unsweetened Baking Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBS Honey
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Craisins (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12×17 baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt in a small saucepan the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla extract, unsweetened baking cocoa powder and honey. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate, large bowl combine the oats, ground cinnamon, salt and almonds.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry mixture and stir really well until the dry ingredients are all covered with the chocolatey goodness : )
- Stir semisweet chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Spread out the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until browned. (I move the granola around on the sheet about half way through so it cooks evenly.)
- When you pull the pan out of the oven sprinkle in the craisins. Then let the granola cool.
I love to eat it just plain, but it’s also really great with yogurt. Enjoy!